5 YEARS OF MYGOLFSPY WINNING DRIVERS TESTED! (2016-2020)
Is newer really better?
We are led to believe by all the ads that we should be hitting 400-yd drives by now. Is it all just a bunch of hype and marketing? If you buy that new $500 driver will the newest technology really make a difference? This is the most requested test by MyGolfSpy readers. So, we had to find out the answer. We just completed testing of the past 5 years of MyGolfSpy #MostWanted winners in a head-to-head-to-head-to-head-to-head driver test.
But before we reveal the results we want you to guess who will win.
Monday, December 21st, 2020 (mark your calendars) we will be announcing the winner of the 5-year driver test. But, first, let’s have some fun! If you can guess (1st – 5th) place winners in order you will win a $500 gift card to GlobalGolf!
Pick how the drivers will finish from 1st to 5th place (first to last), and post it in the comment section below.
*If there are multiple correct predictions, we will draw a name at random for the winner*
2020 Most Wanted Driver
PING G410 LST
- We weren’t sure we were going to see an LST in the G410 line, but the late season addition to the G410 family claimed the most recent Most Wanted Driver Title in 2020. A Top 3 performer for distance, this driver has what it takes. But is it the best?
2019 Most Wanted Driver
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
- Two statistics stood out for the 2019 Most Wanted Winner : fairways hit and distance. Can it pull off a similar performance to grab the Head to Head crown?
2018 Most Wanted Driver
PING G400 LST
- The 2018 Most Wanted Driver is the MyGolfSpy staff and tester favorite to win the test. This beast finished in the Top 3 for accuracy and distance in 2018. Will it take the throne in this Head to Head bout?
2017 Most Wanted Driver
- We love an underdog at MyGolfSpy. The winner of the 2017 Most Wanted Driver Test might have an uphill battle, but will it surprise us again? In 2017, it beat some hefty competition. How will it fare among the other winners?
2016 Most Wanted Driver
TaylorMade M1 460
- The undisputed 2016 Most Wanted Driver Winner. In 2016, it boasted the furthest carry distance and total distance of the field. Additionally, it placed in the Top 5 for accuracy. This driver finished with a positive Strokes Gained for 75% of the testers in 2016. Quite the feat, but can it compete with the new blood?