My guest on Episode 2 of the MyGolfSpy Insider Podcast is Chad Coleman, Social Media Manager for Callaway Golf. Among his many responsibilities, it’s Chad’s job to make Callaway Golf look good on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Always available online, Chad has spent the last several years doing his part to help transform Callaway from a stale and boring brand without an identity to an industry leader and, in many respects, the first modern golf company.
We invite you to listen in as Chad and I discuss a brilliant idea for a MyGolfSpy spinoff, our shared passion for frozen yogurt, and of course, social media in the golf world.
A Conversation with Chad Coleman
- 1:00 – Tony’s hot tub
- 2:40 – Fatherhood / Women are amazing
- 5:40 – How Chad went from selling frozen yogurt to Social Media Manager for Callaway
- 14:00 – Building a brand online
- 15:00 – Strategy, authentic engagement, and building consumer relationships
- 19:00 – Being the most accessible brand in golf
- 20:00 – Why other brands struggle with engagement
- 22:00 – Social Media Strategy: Callaway vs. TaylorMade
- 24:30 – Dealing with trolls
- 25:15 – Owning it when good tweets go bad
- 27:45 – The good and bad of super fans
- 29:30 – The future of social media in golf (the NEXT Peach)
- 32:15 – Tour Pros and scripted tweets
- 35:45 – Rules of engagements with other brands
- 38:00 – Making golf fun (in the digital space)
- 40:00 – Rebuilding a brand
- 44:00 – “You’re an original tart boy” / Chris ate the cup
We’re working on Episode 3. In the meantime, if there are any topics you’d like us to cover or special guests you’d like us to talk to, by all means, reach out and let us know.